That’s what he said at the UN about Eleanor Roosevelt…
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE TOO?
HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS:
Donate Money . . .
- $3 ~ sponsor a family at KIDS TRADE & PLAY ( clothing & gear exchange 2nd Saturdays)
- $20 ~ sponsor a family at FAMILY FUN DAY (January 22, 2017).
- $100 ~ ‘match’ for the next Hall Improvement Grant.
Click DONATE at capitalcitygrange.org
Give of yourself . . .
- KT & P fiber recycling (2nd Saturdays).
- Light Carpentry Projects
- Manage SOCIAL MEDIA for CCG#469.
- Bring HomeShare Now participant to CCG event (part of CCG#469 + Onion River Exchange + HomeShare Now!)
- Or join CCG#469 – learn more ways to help others
For more information, contact Merry Shernock at 802.229-9425 or email@example.com.
Campaign to Obtain Tax Relief Thank you, Berlin Residents for voting at Town Meeting 2016 to grant a 5-yr tax exemption to the GRANGE HALL in return for free use of the Main Hall when it is not reserved for paid use.
Did you know that VT is the only state in New England (plus NY!) that does not automatically grant tax exemption to Granges? And Berlin is the only Town in VT that collects 100% of the tax? Though the Hall is not located on a Common, like most Granges in New England, it is just on the other side of the line from Montpelier and is assessed higher every year. The current tax bill is just about $7,200.
This is the biggest item in the budget; twice what we pay for sanding and plowing, and WA-AY more than the heat! Every year we run a deficit. Closing the Hall is inevitable some day, if something does not change.
So, on Town Meeting Day, we will ask the voters to grant an exemption and in return will give free use of the Hall a minimum of two times each month to the Town or to any Berlin resident.