What is the Next Big Project?
The Friends are now fundraising for the Mess Hall to Dining Hall project. The improvements will make the Grange’s ground floor less damp, warmer, and more attractive. Key objectives are to:
- Install perimeter drainage to prevent water seeping through the foundation onto the floor during big storms.
- Insulate the cold concrete walls and create a paintable, cleanable wall surface that won’t mildew.
- Improve heating and air circulation systems.
- Replace the existing tables with movable, smaller-size tables, for flexibility, better cleaning, and more choices in layout.
- Paint the floor (and the walls and maybe the ceiling) for a better appearance.
Our early estimates are that Mess Hall to Dining Hall will cost approximately $50,000. As in the past, we plan to apply for grants to pay for a portion of the project. This is where we need your help. Grant makers require that we raise matching funds. For example, the Vermont Arts Council — that has supported two of our previous projects — requires a 50% match. For every $1 they give, we must match it.
The Friends have raised $10,000 to dedicate to the Mess Hall to Dining Hall project. Our goal is to raise a total of $25,000 as community-raised match funding to then leverage funds from grant makers. Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution in support of Grange Hall improvements.
Please Donate using PayPal on this site; or send your check to FCCGH, PO Box 192, Northfield Falls, VT 05664.
Thank you! Together we can do this!