The Capital City Grange is available for rent subject to pandemic limitations.
To rent the hall, contact Merry Shernock: email@example.com or (802) 229-9425.
To see examples of the many ways our Hall has been used, see the photo gallery.
All kinds of events happen at the Grange, and we’d like to host your next event!
Our Hall hosts regular dances of many kinds, plus church services, political meetings, performances, seminars, training sessions, potluck dinners, wedding receptions, birthday parties, even proms! Among the features:
- Convenient location, in Berlin VT, just a mile south of Montpelier, with easy access from I-89 and Rt. 2
- Ample, offstreet parking for about 125 cars, with 4 reserved handicap parking spaces adjacent to the ramp entrance.
- Affordable rates: Rates vary depending on day of the week and time of day, and frequency of use. See the ” FOR MORE INFORMATION” links below. Then email the rental manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message with your email address at our voicemail: (802) 229-9425.
- A spacious hall with “one of the best dance floors in New England”
- Raised stage with a piano
- ADA accessibility to the main floor, including an accessible bathroom on the main floor
- The Hall is a broadband Internet hot spot, with Wi-Fi available throughout
- Folding chairs and tables for meetings, seminars and trainings
Lower level: (NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENT AT THIS TIME BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC)
- Kitchen facilities for potluck dinners
- Cafeteria-style tables for dining and meeting
- Dishes, plates, eating utensils for large groups (100+) available
After a recent wedding at the Grange Hall, the groom had this to say:
“After growing up dancing on their beautiful 2000 square foot maple dance floor there wasn’t even a moment of consideration as to whether this was the venue for us. A double set of home appliances outfitted the spacious kitchen and included the use of their plates, forks and rented tablecloths. With a little decoration, lights, pine boughs, etc. we transformed the downstairs. Warm and comfortable in winter, this place has so much history and connection to the community it is surprising there are not more home-grown weddings held here. Every 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday is reserved for a Contra Dance so plan accordingly!”
We have also hosted rehearsals for music and drama groups, birthday parties for children and grown-ups, and a tomato canning workshop by the Vermont Department of Agriculture. Dance events have included workshops and performances of a wide array of styles: contra, swing, tango, African, Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Cuban, waltz, square dances and more.
We welcome inquiries from private and public groups. Renters are responsible for arranging with the rental agent to pick up a key before their event.
The members of Capital City Grange #469 require that all renters have personal liability insurance for their own protection. The grange hall rental agent can advise on options.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: CLICK ON ONE OF THESE LINKS
At a recent gathering at the grange hall, many people ate inside, at tables set up on the red vinyl floor covers that have expanded our use of the main hall.
A spinning group recently rented the Grange Hall.
The Green Mountain Swing band recently played on the Capital City Grange Hall stage and a rip snortin’ time was had by all.