Grange Notes by Tim Swartz, September 8, 2017
We’ve been able to arrange to have a visiting caller from Alaska (!!), David Kreiss-Tomkins, who has called for the Contra Borealis dance series in Fairbanks and elsewhere, plus local musicians who have played for lots of community dances: Robin Russell on the accordion and Emily Bartlett on the fiddle, so we can show the rest of the Grangers how much fun contra-dancing, and live music can be.
People who dance at the dances at our Capital City Grange are used to bringing new dancers out on the floor, and helping them to have a good time–please join us to do the same for these other Grangers!
You can call me at 802-225-8921, or email me: email@example.com to let me know you are coming. The Grange Center is at: 308 West St, Brookfield 05036. There will be signs from Exit 5 on I-89 directing you, as well.
- contest judging: produce, baked goods, knitted & crocheted crafts and other items!
- outdoor games: frying pan toss! rolling pin toss! egg toss! horseshoes! croquet!
- Workshops on invasive plants and photography
- at 3:00, the winning produce and baked goods will be auctioned off!
- at 5:00, there will be a Stuffed Roast Pork dinner–call ahead ASAP it you want to get in on this: 223-7961, cost is $12.00
- and then at 7:00 we will start the dance demo.