Outside the open enrollment period, grange members who experience a qualifying life event may be able to obtain individual medical insurance. Qualifying life events include:
- Loss of essential health coverage: If you or one of your dependents lose health coverage that meets minimum government standards.
- Change of family structure: If you gain a dependent or become a dependent because of a marriage, death in the family, or birth or adoption of a child.
- Change in citizenship status: If you become a U.S. citizen, national, or gain lawful status in the United States.
- Experience government error: If you lose, change, or enroll in coverage because of an error committed by an officer, employee, or agent of the Exchange Department of Health and Human Services.
- Change in subsidy eligibility: If you are determined newly eligible or newly ineligible for subsidies (advance payments of the premium tax credit or cost-sharing reductions).
- Move to a new coverage area: If you permanently move to a new area and gain access to new Qualified Health Plans.
- COBRA: A Qualifying Event is triggered when COBRA coverage is exhausted at the end of the COBRA period.
- Legal Guardianship: Legal Guardianship is a Qualifying Event and treated similar to a birth or adoption.
- Employer’s Bankruptcy: If this results in the loss of coverage for retirees, then this is considered a Qualifying Event for these retirees.
To obtain a free quote, visit the National Grange Health Insurance web site. To speak with an insurance representative, call 949 441 8584. To correspond with a representative, email firstname.lastname@example.org.